My first trip after 2.5 years was to Jeju, Korea. I have been a little excited yet nervous at the same time as, to be honest, we cannot travel like pre covid time anymore. More rules and regulations we have to follow before we take off and procedures.
I have consolidated and listed down the website that is important to visit and apply through before your arrival in South Korea.
Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Korea (MOFA)
Get the latest updated information here:
Apply K-ETA to obtain a visa to enter Korea.
Some important points to note:
- K-ETA is valid for 2 years once issued. It can be used multiple times within its validity. However, if you renewed your passport, please apply for K-ETA again.
- Apply for K-ETA at least one (1) month prior to your departure.
- K-ETA application fee is 10,000 KRW per person, payment can be made via international credit cards or debit cards such as VISA, MASTER, JCB, or AMEX
- Starting July 14, 2022, all travellers must submit post-entry test results on Q-Code regardless of Q-Code pre-entry registration.
- Travellers who did not use the Q-Code pre-entry system can submit test results by entering their passport number, date of birth, and date of entry.
Take an On-Arrival PCR Test within 1 day of arrival (effective from 25 July 2022)
○ Korean nationals or foreigners who hold valid ARC: PCR test to be taken at a public health centre near your accommodation.
○ Short-term visitors (foreigners): PCR test (self-paying) to be taken at Incheon Airport (pre-book here) / Gimhae Airport (pre-book here) / Jeju International Airport (pre-book here) or at a medical institution near your accommodation (refer to the attachment).
○ Taking the on-arrival PCR is compulsory even if the traveller will stay in Korea for 3 days or less.
○ Travellers are recommended to remain in their accommodations until they receive a negative PCR test result.
○ Travellers may register their on-arrival PCR test result on Q-code website (click)
○ If the on-arrival test result is positive, 7-day quarantine is required. Korean nationals and ARC holders may self-quarantine at home while short-term visitors will serve the quarantine at an allocated quarantine facility.
On the plane we are required to fill in these 3 forms:
Jeju Arrival card:
Health Declaration form:
This form can be found upon arrival inside the airport before submission of the Q-CODE.
Upon your arrival, you are required to show your Q-code before the Immigration checkpoint, be ready to prepare the document or save the QR-CODE on your phone.
C11 Parking area
Follow the big banner to get to Seegene Medical Testing centre.
Before we go for the swab test we were told to fill in our personal information and pass it to the staff at the booth on the left before we can go register ourselves even though we have made the reservation online.
How much is the PCR-swab?
From my experience, do remember to print out all the documents and do look into your junk mail if you have not received your result after 3 pm or just search under your registration number on the Seegene Medical Testing centre website.